The National Association of Realtors (NAR) tells us that 90% of home buyers use the internet to source information on properties. 85% of buyers deem photos “very useful” to their decision making process.These days, photos are being trumped by video, and turning photos into quality real estate videos has never been easier.
DID YOU KNOW THAT 73% OF HOMEOWNERS SAY THEY’RE MORE LIKELY TO LIST WITH A REALTOR WHO OFFERS TO CREATE A VIDEO FOR THEM, BUT ONLY 4% OF AGENTS PUT THEIR LISTINGS ON YOUTUBE?
Video is fast becoming one of the most important marketing tools in a real estate agent’s arsenal. Here are some video statistics to get your mind buzzing.
- According to an Australian Real Estate Group, real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiries than those without.
- 87% of online marketers use video content according to Outbrain.
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing an ad, according to Online publishers association.
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- According to Forrester Research it is 50x easier to achieve a page 1 ranking on Google with a video.
- According to Implix, an introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
- Online video now accounts for 50 percent of all mobile traffic and up to 69 percentof traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
- The most popular use for mobile action codes, such as QR and bar codes, is linking to mobile video: 40% of codes link to video content, including product demos and the like. (MediaPost)
- Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users. (NPD)
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube).
- According to Retail Touchpoints, the Step2 Company found that shoppers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. (Retail Touchpoints Channel Innovation Awards)
Mist Media Reports
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.(Source: Mist Media)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
- And if you’re dying to show up on the front page of Google search results (and who isn’t?), having video on your landing page can make it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of those results. (Source: Mist Media)
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
Orion 21 Reports
- Landing pages with video have up to 800% more conversion than the same pagewithout a video. So if you’re spending a lot of time finessing that web copy, you may have better luck with a video. (Source: Orion21).
- Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. In our age of sharing (apartments, cars, cat photos, the list goes on!), your reach can be even wider, if you’re creating content that your users want to share. (Source: Orion21)
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
Marketing Sherpa Reports
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source:MarketingSherpa)
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. (Source:MarketingSherpa)
- How does video marketing impact your traffic? Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors and doubles their time spent on the site. On top of all of that, you see a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines by including more video on your site (Source: MarketingSherpa).
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. (insivia)
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process (insivia)
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen)
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors. (Comscore)
- One out of four marketers are already using video in email campaigns. 43% of marketers cite lack of available video content as their reason for not using video in email campaigns, making it the top barrier to the practice. (eMarketer)
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI. (eMarketer)
- Affluent consumers prefer video and search to other digital advertising formats, as41% of affluent online shoppers reported to eMarketer that they took an action after seeing one of these two ad formats. (eMarketer)
Internet Retailer Reports
- According to Internet Retailer, 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Internet Retailer)
- Internet Retailer reports that shoppers who viewed video on Stacks and Stacks product pages were 144% more likely to add to cart than other shoppers. (Internet Retailer)
- Shoppers who view video at Onlineshoes.com convert at a 45% higher rate than other shoppers, and the site has seen a 359% year-over-year increase in video views. Product pages with video have higher conversion rates than product pages without video. (Internet Retailer)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer)
- Over 90% of shoppers surveyed found video useful in making purchase decisions, according to a study of Swimwear Boutique customers. (Internet Retailer)
- Ice.com found that viewers who chose to view video converted at a 400% increase over those who did not. Ice.com also credits video with decreasing returns by 25%. (Internet Retailer)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer)
- Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017. (Cisco)
- By 2016, 2/3rds of the worlds mobile data traffic will be video according to (Cisco)
Internet video is not going to replace agents, but agents who want to stay current and on top of their game need to harness the power of the internet and rich media marketing tools as part of their real estate marketing campaigns.